Chapter 13 – HOUR BY HOUR
- Reflect on the idea that God loves ordinary things.
- Discuss the two examples of workers planting trees (pgs. 78-79). In what ways does someone not being satisfied manifest itself in day to day interactions?
- Did you attempt the action step on page 83… [offering each hour of your day to God? Did you set your alarm to go off? What was the result?]
Chapter 14 – INTERESTING PEOPLE
- "If you want to be an interesting person, read books." Which books have profoundly impacted you and how?
- Do you read the Bible daily? Weekly? Monthly? Do you have the same experiences as the CEO described on pages 87-88?
Chapter 15 – FALLING IN LOVE
- What kills our love of learning?
- How can we combat this?
- How do we help instill a love of learning in others?
- How can we become continuous learners when it comes to our faith?
Chapter 16 – NO VISITORS
- Who in your life is lonely? How can we help them?
- "When we choose to be with someone because we are afraid of being alone, we dishonor ourselves and the other person." (Mathew Kelly, Resisting Happiness, pg. 104). Have you experienced this? Which party were you? How have you grown since that relationship?
- Have you learned how to be alone? Was it a hard lesson to learn?
- In what ways do you "get outside yourself and serve other people" (Mathew Kelly, Resisting Happiness, pg. 106)
Chapter 17 – THE UNCONVENTIONAL EDUCATION
- What is the biggest thing happening in your Parish this year?
- What is the biggest thing your parish is facing this year?
- Compare your answers to those that might be said in or by the poorest of poor in our own country!
- REFLECT on the Action Step on page 113. What lesson is God trying to teach you through the experiences of your life at the moment?
Chapter 18 - TUESDAY NIGHTS
- Mathew Kelly's friend John claimed that there was something very different about a daily mass vs a Sunday mass. (pg. 116) Expound on that contrast.
- Did you do the Action Step on page 119? ] Go to Mass twice in one week.] Why/why not? What is the biggest challenge for you in this step?